[Amps] More on two pin 220vac

Jim Garland 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Tue Oct 15 09:12:12 EDT 2013

Paul has raised a pertinent issue. I find it hard to believe that the power
distribution in Thailand or any other country is completely floating with
respect to ground.  Were that the case, then the entire concept of a
"neutral" would have no meaning. In HV power supplies which have a B+ and a
neutral current return, one always anchors the neutral line with a resistor
(100 ohms typical) to chassis ground. This is done to keep the B+ from
soaring uncontrollably. The same reasoning applies to an AC power
distribution system.
73,
Jim W8ZR