[Amps] Alpha 76A - 120hz hum on 160m only

Jim Garland 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Fri Oct 18 11:31:05 EDT 2013

FYI,  for my 80m/160m duoband amp (2500V, three GU-74Bs), below the "main"
200uH plate choke, I'm using a supplementary 62 uH choke wound on a ferrite
core and bypassed at the cold end with a Sprague 0.01uF/6000V poly
capacitor.  Both the cap and choke are below deck, out of the RF field. I
measured the self-resonant frequency of the capacitor to be 5.7 MHZ, so it
wouldn't be suitable for bypassing above 80m.
73,
Jim W8ZR