[Amps] Alpha 76A "hums on 160" problem resolved

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Sat Oct 19 10:52:19 EDT 2013

I too have had those .01 6KV Chinese caps short. It can take a while but
they eventually will short. They have about a 50% failure rate with me.
Its a matter of when they short... Not if they short. One was in a
TL-922 with 3200 volts on it.

Mouser has .0047 (4700pf) 6KV Vishay/Sprague caps for a couple of bucks
each.

Good luck with thoes
73
Jim W7RY