[Amps] 200-ohm tank and "un-un" in HF amp design?

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Sun Oct 20 16:37:14 EDT 2013

Jim...

To figure the plate load impedance:

RP = EP / 1.8 X IP

1.8 = K factor for class AB1 (Changes with ZSAC)
RP = Plate Resistance
EP = Plate Voltage
IP = Plate Current

1.8 X .65 Amps = 1.17

1.17/ 4000 = 3418 Ohms plate load impudence.

Your actual voltage will more likely be 3800 with a .65amp load which brings the load down to 3250 Ohms.

Better to just switch in some loading padders with your bandswitch.

See the last 8 years of the ARRL handbook for the K8RA amplifier using the 3CX1500D7 tube. There are some great examples there.

73
Jim W7RY