[Amps] 200-ohm tank and "un-un" in HF amp design?

Jim Barber audioguy at q.com
Mon Oct 21 15:09:28 EDT 2013

Good point.

If I lower the swing to 3800 and raise the current to 658mA to keep the
same dissipation, the guesstimated plate load impedance drops to 3610
ohms. Lowering the Q to 10 then puts the loading cap to 923pF @ 1.8mHz,
which works.

(I'm also using 3uH of "lead" inductance left of the PI network to help
mitigate the capacitance issues at higher frequencies. That raises the
load side capacitance requirement slightly on 160M, in case someone
tries to work these numbers)

Thanks,
Jim N7CXI