[Amps] 200-ohm tank and "un-un" in HF amp design?

Jim Barber audioguy at q.com
Mon Oct 21 15:21:21 EDT 2013

Absolutely. I learned that trick from Carl, seems like a few hundred
years ago.

This design uses 3uH of "lead" inductance for just that reason. It
raises the tune capacitance at 10M to a practical value, but only raises
the load capacitance on 160M by a few picrofarads.

Ian's spreadsheet accommodates it, which is why I eventually want to
borrow the math from it and formalize it into a desktop app. (with Ian's
permission, of course)

73,
Jim N7CXI