[Amps] Microwave oven door glass - shielding?

KA4INM ka4inm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 22:05:35 EDT 2013

   On 10/21/13 18:15, Jim Barber wrote:

> Has anyone had experience using microwave oven door glass as a shielded
> viewport for an HF amp? Any ideas about attenuation at HF frequencies?

> I'm considering a three-tube 3500ZG amp as one of my winter projects,
> and was thinking it would be fun to show the tubes with their cheery
> cherry glow.

   How may output Watts will you be producing?
   (or are you just going to detune the plate until everything turns red)

   My mw ovens have a steel plate with a bunch of holes in it behind the
glass to block the RF, this shouldn't be much of a concern at 29 MHz and
below.
--
   Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.