[Amps] Future of RF AMPS

Leigh Turner invertech at frontierisp.net.au
Tue Sep 10 20:51:12 EDT 2013

Dick, there's no need to wait for such innovations in RF power
semiconductors as such a long awaited low cost S.S. 1.5 kW HF amp can be
economically homebrewed using a readily available multiplicity (6 devices in
parallel/push-pull) of cheap 50V MOSFETS sourced from the surplus market.
The overall BOM will not break the bank, and such a rewarding project is
well within the scope of the tech-savvy ham experimenter (that rarefied
breed that remains amongst us in 2013, as distinct from the ubiquitous
appliance operators).

Leigh

VK5KLT