[Amps] Future of RF AMPS

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Sep 10 23:35:53 EDT 2013

On 9/10/2013 11:13 PM, Leigh Turner wrote:

> Larry, the RF power MOSFETS to which I refer here are the VRF2933 devices
> from Microsemi. Sometimes one can find surplus and NOS ST Micro SD2933 FETS
> on eBay at low prices.

I've worked with semiconductors, since we've had semiconductor and in
the industry until 87.  However, I have zilch for high power SS except
for repairing a few.

Looking at these devices, I'd expect to use 8  for a saturated output of
2400 watts, so I could back off along with a bit of negative feed back
for a clean 1500 to 2000 watts all day long.

I know this would make the splitters and combiners more complicated, but
that's about the extent of my knowledge, whether right or wrong.

I have so many projects going right now, I just hope to get the LM470 up
along with the antennas that go on it and the 100' 45G before cold
weather sets in.

73

Roger (K8RI)