[Amps] Clipperton-L question

Ron Youvan ka4inm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 09:30:35 EDT 2013

On 09/11/2013 02:58 PM, Carl wrote:

> Id check the SSB/CW switch carefully for arcing to a metal part. Common
> problem with an underrated switch.
>

> "Larry" <lknain at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> One day when I switched from CW to SSB mode on my Clipperton-L it blew
>> the fuse with a good bang. The switch picks between a tap and one side
>> of the power transformer secondary – tap being for CW.

   I would take the switch out and put a "wire nut" on one transformer
connection sealing it off and make the other connection with another
"wire nut" and test.  Then I would switch to the other transformer
connection and test, if both work the switch is arcing.
--
   Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.