[Amps] Rectifier equilization?

Vic K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 12:54:16 EDT 2013

The resistors are definitely not needed. I used capacitors in my recent project in order
to eliminate switching noise which might appear in my receiver -- I don't know if this was
needed, since I didn't try it without the capacitors first!

They should also provide some protection against transients, although I also have MOVs in
the primary.

On 9/13/2013 9:28 AM, Hardy Landskov wrote:
> I have just rejoined the amp list after a few years and am wondering if the diode
> equalization question was ever resolved. I am building a new bridge HV PS and it uses
> 12 diodes per leg. Rich Measures says using a .01 & 470K across each diode is no longer
> needed due to improvements in semiconductor manf. processes. I have 100 1N5408's that
> came off the same reel so I feel they should be matched fairly close. I would like to
> hear a few opinions. Thanks 73 Hardy N7RT
> _______________________________________________ Amps mailing list Amps at contesting.com

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/