[Amps] Direct rectification of AC mains to derive the amp VDD, supply

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Sep 18 02:45:55 EDT 2013

On 9/17/2013 11:28 PM, Bill Turner wrote:
> Isolation to the outside world is provided by the toroids on input and
> output. Assuming they are well insulated, isn't that enough? What would be
> the safety concern?

Right. If all that is done right, no problem.  As long as we understand
the rules and follow them, it's a matter of the tradeoffs involving
costs and complexity. But at 1.5kW, the RF part can be non-trivial, and
some of those elements are not lossless, and the components are not
free. :)

73, Jim K9YC