[Amps] AFCI technology - was directr ectification

peter chadwick g8on at fsmail.net
Fri Sep 20 11:59:02 EDT 2013

> If you want "sensitive" try the newest breaker technology - mandated in
  many places AFCI.<

How do they perform with RF around? I have a 100mA RCD that trips if I use the dipole and 400 watts on 80m, and I had one breaker that with just a 1 foot length of wire connected to one terminal, would trip with 75 watts to the vertical antenna 70 feet away on 160!

A letter to the manufacturer produced absolutely no response. My suspicion is that my problem ones would fail any EMC testing, but getting the manufacturer to be forced to something about it for one or two customers won't happen

73

Peter g3RZP