[Amps] Re Direct rectification of AC mains to derive the amp, VDD, supply

peter chadwick g8on at fsmail.net
Fri Sep 20 12:19:37 EDT 2013

Manfred,

There are so many 'standards' around the world there almost aren't any! Here I have 100 Amp 240 v single phase to the house, and the neutral is grounded by the supply company on the pole in the garden - amongst other places. Because that ground is one 4 foot ground rod, I can still see the neutral float about 1 to 2 volts above ground on occasion such as when using, washing machine, tumble drier, both ovens and three cooker rings simultaneously.

73

Peter G3RZP