[Amps] B&W PT-2500A on 10m?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Apr 2 16:30:27 EDT 2014

A brain reset will reveal it was designed by Viewstar plus Fred Hammond,
financed by Hammond, was a sales dud due to few wanted to deal with
crossborder hassles, arced badly in the tank circuit, sold to B&W for the US
market and modified to stabilize.

Overpriced and still didnt sell well, a bit under 250 in the US.

I was a B&W US distributor and also was brought in to help with the
redesign. Also used a pair of unsold rebuilt Viewstars to win 2 ARRL DX
contests with KQ2M as the op as the shakedown test. Never a hiccup.

Carl
KM1H