[Amps] HF2500 Power Supply Caps

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at wildblue.net
Sun Apr 6 10:18:17 EDT 2014

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 4/6/2014 12:39 AM, Ian White wrote:
> Hopefully "ahead" was not what you really intended to write, Bill. The
> glitch (surge limiting) resistor protects against arcs that happen
> DOWNSTREAM toward the tube. The resistor will always help protect the
> tube and the RF components against arcs occurring inside the tube or
> anywhere in the RF section.
>
> The correct location for the HV fuse and the surge limiting resistor is
> directly connected to the top of the capacitor stack, so that it
> protects the maximum possible number of components downstream.

REPLY:

Yes, I did mean "ahead" but I'm an electron flow guy, not a conventional
current guy, so I think that's the difference. We agree on everything else.

Also, in my previous post I should have said that while I disagree with
Jim, I'm not saying he is "wrong", just that we have a different
approach to design philosophy. His style will work, as will mine. His
style is faster, mine is cheaper.

73, Bill W6WRT