[Amps] dual cavity

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Wed Apr 9 00:46:53 EDT 2014

Yes, you can. Tune them into 50 ohm load individually. I prefer using 90
deg combiner like a branch (ring), or coupled line hybrid. Since you
are dealing with a narrow band amp, these are fine, and you get away
from the 100 ohm balanced resistor of a Wilkinson device. Being 4 port
hybrids, you put a 50 ohm load on #4, and you can watch for wasted power
when your amplifiers are not equally making power. I am combining two 2
Megawatt VHF cavity amps right now this way, and not into a perfect load
of an antenna or dummy. 73
John
K5PRO