[Amps] ALS-600 vs ALS-1300

Kevin Stover kevin.stover at mediacombb.net
Thu Apr 17 08:53:31 EDT 2014

The 600's do work well.
The MRF-150 is a tried and true FET.
The only problem anybody ever complained about on the 1300 was the low
voltage (12V) power supply.
It had a ridiculous failure rate for about a year. That's been fixed.
The PS that ships with the 1300 is a switcher.

If I had one I'd run it at 1KW CW and SSB all day, 500W RTTY. I'd also
be saving $1K over the competition, the SPE Expert 1-KFA.

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H