[Amps] SB220 tune cap

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Fri Apr 18 20:10:04 EDT 2014

The later version was longer (more plates) and wider plate spacing. This was
an attempt to fix the arcing issues on the SB220.
Which is usually caused by ALC overshoot in the radio or RF being sent by
the exciter before the antenna relay was energized.

There were 2 holes on the chassis. One for the short capacitor, and one for
the long capacitor. The stud that is between the 10 meter coil and the
bracket on the end of the tuning cap is also shorter (or removed) when the
longer cap is used.

No other changes needed with either cap.

73
Jim W7RY