[Amps] low pass filter fail

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Apr 29 08:48:40 EDT 2014

That only assumes the input is completely free of harmonics and spurs.
Im using stubs made from RG-213 to eliminate QRM to the FM band and the
local police and FD site about 200' away on my 6M amp. At 1200W they barely
show any heat.

On 2M the 28' boom stacked yagis seem to be good enough as filters since
neither the military or hams on 432 have complained....432.6 or so is far
enough away from the active part of that band anyway.

Due to the commercial site across the street and the UHF/FM/Govt/commercial
site about 1.5 miles away on the next hill top I did have to build bandpass
filters for 6 and 2M to keep all their crud out of my receivers and they do
double duty on TX.

Years ago cavity filters were popular on 2M at the KW+ level. Construction
is simple using copper pipe but getting the coupling stub loss very low and
the tuning disc screw to make good contact requires some skill.

Carl
KM1H