[Amps] L4B biasing

Steven Grant, W4IIV via Amps amps at contesting.com
Thu Dec 25 16:37:03 EST 2014

A 3-500 amp does not need bias unless it is run at 3000 volts or above. 200 mills of idling current is normal for this amp

     On Wednesday, December 24, 2014 4:45 PM, mike via Amps <amps at contesting.com> wrote:

 I just finished me Drake power supply. I used a Drake transformer and a doubler board with 8 caps. I have 2600 volts showing on the high voltage meter. I have eliminated all the bias circuit in the power supply that Drake used. At idle I show  200 mills of plate current. My question is should I add a bias circuit? I purchased a W4ZT board but wonder if I need it. Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.