[Amps] Power from Pair of Eimac 4 x 150 a / 7034?

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Sun Dec 28 16:59:05 EST 2014

Quoting "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00 at uky.edu>:

>   I suspect when EIMAC came out with the 7034 they wanted to suggest
> that they were a good replacement for the
> 4X150A

I once asked Bill Orr how much air would be sufficient for a quad of 250Bs.

Orr loved to talk tubes and ham radio and pull young ham's legs.

He replied, "Enough air till they pop out of the sockets and then back
off a touch."      But then he added that a 4 inch squirrel cage would
suffice for ssb and cw.   I stacked three 100CFM Muffins and got
plenty of air.

Don W4DNR