[Amps] AL-1200 T/R problem

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sat Feb 1 03:56:57 EST 2014

On 1/31/2014 9:49 AM, Fern wrote:
> My boss used to say "use a $50 bill to burnish the contacts"   Fern

It really did work but The texture of the bills has changed drastically
in the last few years.

I believe a NEW  $5, $10, or $100 with the $00 being the best.  I don't
have any $50 bill to compare, but at least with the older ons, a new $50
actually was quite effective.

The new ones with that finish on them should work.  I don't know reahhy
whether one of that new issue makes a better contact cleaner than any of
the others.  I rarely have anything bigger than a $20 <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)