[Amps] Recommended Tuner for Clipperton L

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Feb 2 02:40:52 EST 2014

On 2/1/2014 3:31 PM, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:
> The Clipperton L, when tweaked to run efficiently, is
> supposed to get 1200w+ out from 160-10m.

Most tuners that cover the frequency range and the impedance ranges
should work well.  Remember, that thy all are derated when looking into
a low impedance.  So you need one that will operate at that power into
that impedance with a reasonable SWR.  Of course the 160 and 75 meter
antennas are likely to have lower impedances and small frequency
excursions bring with them, large swings in SWR.

A tuner is a tuner is a tuner. It's just that to save on costs quite a
few have limited power into low impedances as well as SWR limits.
Those three parameters, Impedance, power, and SWR limitations where you
wish to operate are paramount.

73

Roger (K8RI)

> Anything other than a Dentron MT-2000 or MT-3000 built
> right & use a tapped inductor?
>
> I know I'd need to add some capacitance for 160 & 80m.
>
> Thanks!
>
> David

---