[Amps] SB-200 Plate Choke for 6 meters

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at wildblue.net
Thu Feb 6 20:18:44 EST 2014

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 2/6/2014 3:39 PM, Dennis W0JX wrote:
> The two critical components are the plate tuning capacitor which needs to be much smaller in minimum capacity and the plate coil.

REPLY:

Actually, you can use the existing tune and load caps if you add the
L-network coil as described in any recent ARRL handbook in the
amplifiers chapter. I did that with my SB-1000 and it works perfectly.
You do have to wind a new coil. I can send pictures if anyone wants. The
pix will have to be off the reflector because images are not allowed.
Email me direct at dezrat1242 at wildblue.net

73, Bill W6WRT