[Amps] Solid state relays..again

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 15:14:13 EST 2014

As an alternative to a resistor based SSR, what about something like the
Cyrdom SST240 soft-start module?

This gadget sits next to the SSR and ramps up the duty cycle of the SSR over
a 3-second period.  There is (was) another variant that had a variable ramp
up time.  Crydom has replaced these with more complicated modules but the
old ones are still around.

http://www.crydom.com/en/products/catalog/AdvancedWebPage.aspx?CategoryText1=Obsolete%20Products&CategoryText2=SST%20Series%20Soft-start%20modules&SBCatPage=

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com