[Amps] HV Fuses

KA4INM ka4inm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 18:49:29 EST 2014

On 02/22/14 17:15, Jim Garland wrote:

/*snip*/
  blowing the fuse and tripping the power supply  magnetic circuit
> breaker. with a boom. When this happened, the plate current was about 1.5 A,
> roughly 65% over the fuse rating. I believe the fuse opened because of  a
> flashover in the tube and not because its rating had been exceed. If  it
> had opened because of  high steady-state current, there's no reason the
> circuit breaker would have also tripped.
/*snip*/

   Remember, there does not have to be a anode to cathode arc to draw an
unlimited amount of plate current, a plate or screen grid to G1 arc will
turn the tube on to the max.
--
   Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.