[Amps] Fan Noise in GS-35b Amplifiers

Roger roger at rogerhalstead.com
Thu Feb 20 12:30:32 EST 2014

On 2/20/2014 9:26 AM, N1BUG wrote:

Is it the blower that is noisy, or the air that is noisy?  On my
4CX-1500B/FU728F the noise fron the exhaust is far louder than the fan
and particularly in "high blower"

A comment on "off axis air flow from fans.  Most muffin type fans have
an aerodynamic shroud. Mine on the amps and computers have very little
flow beyond about 20 degrees off axis until you get several feet out.

Once past a couple feet, even a straight flow will spread rapidly due to
turbulence between the flow and the steady room air.

73

Roger (K8RI)