[Amps] Russian HV Supply Capacitors

peter chadwick g8on at fsmail.net
Thu Jan 9 14:33:37 EST 2014

You need to know the ripple current rating. SCR commutation capacitors have the sort of ratings you need.

There are a lot of physically small, high capacity (20+mFd) caps at 2.5 or 3kV around meant for defibrillators: they MIGHT be OK in a choke input supply where the capacitor ripple current is reduced compared with a capacitor input filter. They have proved to be totally inadequate in capacitor input HV supplies for linear amps - especially in contests where the operation is /P and no on-site repair (i.e. Murphy is on overtime)is practicable!

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Jan 09 2014, 06:49 PM