[Amps] Russian HV Supply Capacitors

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Jan 9 21:33:42 EST 2014

I still wouldnt use any laser discharge caps in an amp PS; they are pulse
rated and do not handle current very well. There have been numerous reports
of US caps going back to the 80's that literally exploded when run at full
voltage. Derated to about 50% they were OK at least in a 1200W amp PS.

Carl
KM1H