[Amps] Permeability tuned tuning coils, with taps?

peter chadwick g8on at fsmail.net
Wed Jan 15 05:22:05 EST 2014

I vaguely remember seeing a 4 channel, 2-10 MHz, 100 watt output commercial amplifier using three 'instant heat' 6146s (actually QZ06-20)which used permeability tuning on the PA coils. I think the coil had three taps to cover the frequency range: it was driven from a nominal 10 watt input SSB packset, and ran from a 12 volt vehicle supply, with a germanium transistor DC-DC inverter. The packset was mainly germanium transistors, too....That was 50 years ago.....

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Jan 15 2014, 09:23 AM