[Amps] Building an Amp 101

Dino Darling dino at kx6d.com
Fri Jan 17 12:15:51 EST 2014

You can build one in a plywood box!

Start here to LEARN...

http://somis.org/

Dino - KX6D

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Amps] Building an Amp 101
From: "Jerry" <jsternmd at att.net>
Date: Fri, January 17, 2014 7:10 am
To: <Amps at contesting.com>

I have had a long desire to build my own linear HF or VHF amp. I believe
have the electronic technical skills but after looking at some completed
projects like those on WD7S website, I realized I don't have the skills
or
tools to do a nice job on the mechanical aspects of chassis /
sub-chassis
sheetmetal work. I guess I could cram it all into an unattractive box
behind a reasonable looking front panel but is linear amp building
mainly
for those with good metal work capabilities? How does one break into
this
with limited workbench space other than an electronic workbench?

Jerry