[Amps] Building an Amp 101

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Jan 18 12:35:17 EST 2014

That switch is an old Radioswitch and has no problem with power or voltage.

All the senior Ameritrons have always used the same Centralab JV-9000 series
switch (now Electroswitch) as the Alphas except for the 70/77 series which
was a 86 series Radioswitch. Even the Alpha dual 4CX1000A version uses that
now Electroswitch model and just paralleled up wafers.

Ive run up to 5KW out thru a single 2 pole wafer wired in parallel in hot
rodded LK-800's and owners have never had an arcover. Any belief the switch
is inadequate is smoking funny stuff. Granted some could blow up anything.

Carl
KM1H