[Amps] Building an Amp 101

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Sun Jan 19 12:54:19 EST 2014

On 01/19/2014 11:07 AM, peter chadwick wrote:

> After doing some simple calculations, I think you only need 6
> positions on the tank switch. 160, 80, 40, 30/20, 17/15, 12/10.

That is exactly the way my amp is built. I'm sure there will be
comments about the Q not being optimum on some bands, but it works
well from all evidence I can see. It took a while to fine tune the
taps so the tuning "feels" right and power output/efficiency are
what they should be 30/20, 17/15, and 12/10 but it was worth it.

73,
Paul N1BUG