[Amps] 381LR Cornell Dubilier date codes?

Alan Ibbetson alan at g3xaq.net
Tue Jan 21 11:59:14 EST 2014

On 21/01/2014 16:05, Carl wrote:
> The latter would be my guess, but I didnt think the LR was out that early.

I can't find a press release from CDE and there's no date on their
catalogue page but FWIW Digikey didn't begin carrying them until 2011

http://www.digikey.com/us/en/press-release/cornell_dubilier.html

> Call CD

I've emailed them (calls from the UK are expensive). I'll let you know
what they say.

I don't have anything to test the ESR on such big capacitors. I've run
one of them (slowly) up to 450v and the leakage current is around 200uA.
After an hour the capacitance measures 412uF. This doesn't prove much
but at least at first sight they appear OK.

73, Alan G3XAQ