[Amps] MOVs

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Jan 23 13:02:55 EST 2014

Inductive industrial equipment use big MOV's for spike suppression on single
and 3 phase lines of many voltages.

I use a pair of large Littlefuse MOV's as a whole house limiter and right at
the main panel.
Lines that are used with electronics when on generator power are also
treated with MOV's and .01/2KV buffer rated disc caps.

The oscilloscope traces look very good now compared to just the junk coming
in from the utiity line. The generator crud was expected and limited decades
ago.

Carl
KM1H