[Amps] MOVs

Saandy alexeban at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 12:49:28 EST 2014

Guys , think! Nothing gets conducted to a point not connected anywhere!
A MOV is intended to a supposedly safe limit a voltage differential between
2 points. Protection between the line and something ground connected is
achieved with a common mode choke.
It's more important to remember that MOV's have another problem: they have a
finite life time. They can be zapped a given number of times only; lattice
crystal inside get destroyed every surge and after a while you end up with
no protection, even though you think you're safe.
Use them sparingly and with circumspection!
Alex	4Z5KS