[Amps] Tube swap

William Turner dezrat1242 at wildblue.net
Tue Jan 28 18:36:34 EST 2014

Not to reopen old wounds, but Measure's intention was to use nichrome to
introduce more loss at VHF than HF
f by virtue of the skin effect, which has more effect as you go higher
in frequency.

  Where he went wrong, IMO, is the original assumption that you actually
need more loss at VHF. Properly done, the conventional copper VHF
suppressor works just fine.

Nearly everything else on Measure's web site is good info, well worth
looking at. His speed-up circuit for making relays switch faster is
especially clever, although I don't know if he was the original inventor
or is just passing it on.

BTW he sells high-current electrolytics at a good price, something that
comes up here from time to time.

73, Bill W6WRT
who takes occasional communion at the Church of the Holy Measures.