[Amps] Ion Pump

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Jul 20 22:02:04 EDT 2014

On 7/20/2014 8:07 PM, Hardy Landskov wrote:

This is well outside my realm of experience.  The claim of 1 X 10^-12
would be extremely difficult to obtain.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum .  So far, I've not found a
definitive answer to the actual vacuum required in normal production,
power tubes tat are use at amateur power levels, or several times higher.

73

Roger (K8RI)

> Roger,
> As an EE myself now retired, have any experiments or production units
> of vacuum tubes been done while the shuttle program was ongoing? Maybe
> there is the vacuum of outer space that might be better than what's
> achieveable on earth but you might collect particles floating by as
> well from space junk that would negate the advantages. Just curious or
> maybe it's classified....or maybe just impractible.
> 73 Hardy N7RT
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger (K8RI)"
> <k8ri at rogerhalstead.com>

>>> John