[Amps] 3KW HP Supply Question

Keith Densmore ve3gem at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 10:29:41 EDT 2014

Greetings,
I recently bought one of the cheap surplus ESP120 50 Volt HP supplies off
ebay (3000 Watt). It works ok but the front panel switch does not turn off
the supply, it does not appear to do anything. With power to the supply, the
fans always run, and the supply is switched on by shorting three pins at the
back.
Before I try replacing the switch, can someone tell me exactly what that
switch is supposed to do?
Thanks, 73,
Keith ve3ts

---