[Amps] Buck-Boost Transformer Selection

Glen Zook via Amps amps at contesting.com
Wed Jun 25 15:42:54 EDT 2014

The power company is not very likely to reduce the voltage!  Especially with the load placed on the distribution systems during the summer months, the company is going to run higher voltage and that means about 127 / 254 VAC.  In this area, Dallas, Texas, area, the line voltage has generally been very near the 127 / 254 VAC levels since the late 1960s during the warmer months.  I don't know about prior to 1967 since I didn't live in the area until April 1967.

The "target" voltage is 125 VAC +/- 2-volts / 250 VAC +/- 4-volts and virtually every electric company runs on the "+" side during the warmer months.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:25 PM, Bill Turner <dezrat at outlook.com> wrote:

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 6/25/2014 12:18 PM, Adrian Flynn wrote:
> If you monitor the line voltage closely you will find that the "Power
> Companies" are slowly raising the *Normal Line Voltage* to /*125 volts
> per leg and 250 volts* *for both legs!*/

REPLY:

Nevertheless, I would ask the power company to fix it. If they refuse,
then go from there.

73, Bill W6WRT
dezrat at outlook.com