[Amps] Cool Amp Silver Plating

Jim Garland 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Sat Mar 1 13:40:47 EST 2014

To inhibit tarnishing, I spray satin or glossy clear Krylon spray on my
silver-plated coils and strap. Of course I mask off parts that will be
clamped or soldered to, although Krylon actually doesn't get in the way of
soldering. In fact, back in the olden days when I used to make my own PCBs,
I would rub Cool Amp over the bare copper traces and then spray the entire
board with Krylon spray. Soldering to the pads was easy and the Krylon
didn't get in the way.  I've still got homebrew receiver I made in 1970 and
the PCBs still look shiny and silvery.
73,
Jim W8ZR