[Amps] For sale: 4CX1000A amplifier

Vic Rosenthal K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 13:52:26 EST 2014

After a lot of agonizing, I've decided to sell my new 4CX1000A
amplifier. I'm downsizing to a much smaller place, and my TL-922 will
meet my needs.

The 4CX1000A unit is described here:
<http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/4CX1000A/K2VCO%204CX1000A%20Amplifier.html>

I am asking $1000 plus shipping for the amplifier and power supply. It
includes an almost-new tube and a couple of pulls for spares. The parts
alone... I don't want to think about it!

This is only for an experienced ham! It is tricky to tune up (I will
provide a tuning chart for a 50-ohm resistive load on all bands), and
whoever buys it will have to understand the sometimes strange behavior
of tetrode amplifiers. It will put out more than the legal limit. 240V
line required.

Shipping will be expensive because both the RF unit and the power supply
are heavy. It would be great if someone wanted to pick it up in Central
California.

Please pass this on to other lists.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA