[Amps] Pi-L Network Question

peter chadwick g8on at fsmail.net
Tue Mar 11 12:25:44 EDT 2014

Jim,

I used your  values to calculate (by a series of parallel - series and series - parallel transforms, the back of the NCJ renewal notice and an HP41CV!) a plate impedance of 717 ohms at 1.8 MHz.

I take it we're talking grounded grid AB2? In that case, RCA say the plate load, Rp is:

Rp = 2 (Plate voltage DC - minimum plate voltage + Peak grid voltage) / Peak plate current.

I suspect that Vic may have a point about what the plate load should be: RCA don't use K values for AB1 and AB2 calculations.

73

Peter G3RZP