[Amps] Clipperton L on AM

Louis Parascondola gudguyham at aol.com
Mon Mar 17 19:29:39 EDT 2014

I've got a Clipperton L in here that needed some repairs.  That's all done now.  Customer claims he uses it on AM on 10 meters.  I want to make sure he is using it correctly so there won't be further problems.  I checked the manual on the Clipperton and there is no recommendation of even using AM.  I assume if it can be used on RTTY it could be used on AM in some capacity.  Can anyone advise as to how to safely use it on AM.  How much carrier power would be safe?  Should it be run in the CW (lo voltage) or SSB (hi voltage) position?  Perhaps it is not recommended at all?  Anybody used one on AM that could set some guidelines?  Thanks