[Amps] Triband balun

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Mar 19 21:05:27 EDT 2014

ny suggestions for a better alternative that will hold up in a RTTY
>> contest?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gary
>> KA1J
>
> REPLY:
>
> I had the same problem many years ago. Hy-Gain made a replacement balun
> called the something-2000, which did the job. I don't know if Hy-Gain is
> even around anymore, but if you can find one, that will fix it.

Hy-Gain is still around. Same people, even in the same buildings, or
were when I called about parts for the AV640 vertical a few months back.
The only difference is, I believe they are owned MFJ.

I see they are advertizing the new connector kit for the tail
twister/Ham series rotators which work on all the Ham series and a
marked improvement over the old terminal strip.

www.hy-gain.com

73

Roger (K8RI)