[Amps] Triband balun

peter chadwick g8on at fsmail.net
Fri Mar 21 05:33:24 EDT 2014

For both my T2X and CD45 rotators, I replaced the terminal strip with an aluminium plate fitted with a proper IP66 rated cable gland and a 2 foot tail of cable. That joins the main run of cable, the joint being a coupler for 50mm plastic waste pipe with screw on ends, blanking plugs fitted with IP66 cable glands and joining terminal block inside - also a bag of silica gel. Not liking cable hanging supporting its own weight, I always use a messenger rope and tape all the cables (coax and rotator) to that - telescoping towers can't have cables taped to them.

What Hy Gain were thinking off when they used an unprotected terminal strip I don't know - or were they just thinking of locations like the California desert?

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Mar 21 2014, 09:19 AM