[Amps] Alpha 77 160 meter plate choke

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Mon Mar 24 16:46:03 EDT 2014

Tree,

You may want to check for any in-band resonances if you haven't already.  In
my 77Dx, I've also added additional C  from +HV to ground.  For the upcoming
77D project, the plan is to discard the B&W 801 choke and replace it with an
RF Parts RFC-3.   This choke should provide ample 160m inductance and is
stagger-wound to minimize or eliminate in-band resonance but needs to be
validated after installation.  Specs are:  1.5A, 225 uH, 4 KV max.

Paul, W9AC