[Amps] HV limit for rfc-3 choke?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Mar 26 19:36:54 EDT 2014

Ive used the wirewound.glitch resistor extensively as the second choke as
they are both inductive and resistive at RF. Placed right after the main
choke and with a .0047 uF 10KV disc at both ends fulfills the bypassing and
choking requirements. Paralleling a pair at the PS end can also be done.

With 3400V at 2A + and the Ameritron choke several 77SX's and modified
LK-800's are happy on 160.

Carl
KM1H