[Amps] 8877 input Z

Larry Benko xxw0qe at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 14:48:23 EDT 2014

If the load is 50 ohms (using 50 just for example purposes) in parallel
with 42pF a series inductance matches well enough that a given
inductance will be good for more than 1 band.  However if you add
another 42pF shunt capacitor from the exciter side of the inductor and
change the inductance to about 91nH the circuit will match from 1.8 to
30MHz with a maximum exciter SWR of 1.15:1 with NO switching required at
all.  If you want it even lower a combination low pass and high pass "L"
network can be done (only 1 more component).

73,
Larry, W0QE